Saturday, July 12, 2008

I finally have a job!!!

It took a few weeks but I was finally able to get a job here in Utah. I work at Best Western about 5 miles from my house. Its a pretty good job and I like the people that i work with; so I'm quite happy about it. I work every Monday and Tuesday from 9am-4pm doing housekeeping which isn't the funnest job but its good manual labor which makes me feel really productive. It was really funny when I was being trained to clean because the head housekeeper doesn't know like any english so the entire time I just nodded my head and pretended like I knew what she was talking about even though I had no idea what she was telling me to do! But I eventually caught on and began to just let her show me instead of trying to explain it to me. In addition to working housekeeping I work the front desk friday and saturday nights from midnight to 8am (which is acutally what I'm doing right now; I got all my work done before 3am and read through our black binder with everything I need to learn about the job and have been bored out of my mind for the past 2 hours!). But I have to admit that this is a fun shift and enjoy being able to relax; I'll just remember to bring a book to read tomorrow night. There are a couple of advantages to working here: 24 hr access to a swimming pool and hot tub and sweet deals for staying at the hotel and other hotels affiliated with us. There is a sweet room here I'm going to stay in sometime with an in room hot tub! Well that pretty much explains what my life consists of these days... pretty lame! HA!

1 comment:

lindquist said...

Holy Cow! I didn't recognize you with your new hair color. I like it. =)

Congrats on your new job. Ya, you and Spencer are both in the hotel/motel world! He was at Shilo Inn, now he works for The Hilton. He likes it a lot better.

Are you guys all coming to Boise for Q's big birthday bash??

Hope to see you then!

Velenti