Saturday, July 26, 2008

I graduated from TVCC! (haha... is that really an accomplishment?)


Well its official I recieved my 2 year degree from Treasure Valley Community College in the mail the other day; but since i'm not at home I have yet to see it, but none the less I still got it! Amazingly enough the 2 years I spent there went by really really fast! I think it's because the entire time I was there I was either playing basketball or running track. Playing college basketball was so much fun! My team didn't end up doing as well as we should've and could've, but it was still a great experience. What made it even better was that my mom and dad went to just about every game. It was good to have them there to watch and support me. During my first year at TVCC I was recruited to run track for the college (they must have thought I looked fast cuz really I'm not a fast runner). I had not run track since I was in the 8th grade, but decided I had nothing better to do with my time so I might as well and I'm so glad that I did! Although I was good, it was a lot of fun and it helped me to get into better shape for basketball season. My first year I ran the 400m relay and the 1600m relay. Our 1600m relay team got 3rd place at championships my first year and this last year we were 4th. My second my coach somehow convinced me to run the 400m hurdles (let me tell you, that race kills!). It took some time figure out what I was doing, but I ended up qualifying for the finals at championships and placed 7th. I was proud of myself for the fact the it was the first time I'd ever ran that event and the fact that I'm not really a runner. All in all, playing sports at TVCC was a wonderful experience and I am so glad I was able to have that opportunity!

4 comments:

Kati Howard said...

It looks like Heather got ahold of your header and background. They are cute-- I like them. Way to go on becoming an "offcial" graduate of TVCC. It IS an accomplishment, some kids don't even graduate HS. So good job Kelly- we're proud of you. Ps. I love that you have Apollo on the side. Aww, too bad Q will never know him. We're excited to see you guys... only 20 days!

Kati Howard said...

Hey this is Tyler, are you coming to Quincy's Birthday Party in a few weeks? I hope you are. I mean you better!

KELLYHOWARD said...

am i going?? i can't believe you even have to ask! of course i'll be there. i cannot wait! it sounds like its going to be a lot of fun and i wouldn't want quincy to celebrate his bday without his favorite aunt there!

Coming soon.... said...

as for the suggestion, I don't take your car because i would feel bad if you needed it and i had it.