Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Recent Events

The biggest news I have right now is that I moved to Jerome, ID the end of December. Mike and I were able to go down to Provo the beginning of January to watch BYU play wakeforest; the game was so much fun to watch!!! But I still wish BYU would have pulled it out at the end. For the past week I've been working at a bookstore doing inventory and I've also applied to be a substitute teacher for the Jerome School District. Today was my first day of subbing. I subbed for a 3rd grade class and it was a lot of fun. At first I was really nervous because I had no idea what to do, but I think it went really well. So hopefully I'll start getting more calls to sub in the near future.

This past weekend Mike had to work in Pocatello on Thursday and Rexburg on Friday so I went with him. It was fun because I got to see my cousin Janelle who I hadn't seen in a long time. Also that weekend Mike played in a basketball tournament at the Sho-Ban rec center (its on an indian reservation near Idaho Falls). His team was a bunch of friends of his that used to play together years ago when they were all at BYU-I. They did really good and we a lot of fun to watch. I even got a couple pictures of Mike playing; they didn't turn out too well though cuz I was still trying to figure out my camera and the gym was way dark.


That's what I've been up to lately. I'm really happy to be here in Jerome, its been great being here with Mike. And its been really good hanging out with his family. They're all so nice and have welcomed me into their home better than I could have ever asked for.

1 comment:

Coming soon.... said...

better than living with trevor and I?! Shocking:)